One of the most challenging aspects of working remotely is a lack of face-to-face interactions. Often we make up for this by participating in online video calls using remote meeting software such as Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams or Google Workspace.
Virtual icebreakers are a useful tool for meetings or training sessions to help your team get to know each other better as well as put them at ease. They also serve as excellent time-fillers while waiting for people to turn up for meetings.
How virtual icebreakers can benefit your team:
- Introduce new teammates in a fun and engaging way
- Stimulate creativity and bring an element of fun and interactivity to team meetings
- Encourage people to learn more about one another
- Encourage a relaxed and positive atmosphere
- Improve communication and strengthen relationships
- Reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness
This course is for anyone who hosts remote meetings or training sessions online and wants to add a fun warm-up activity to the session to help the group get to know one another and build rapport.