One of the most challenging aspects of working remotely is a lack of face-to-face interactions. Often we make up for this by participating in online video calls using remote meeting software such as Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams or Google Workspace.
Virtual icebreakers are a useful tool for meetings or training sessions to help your team get to know each other better as well as put them at ease. They also serve as excellent time-fillers while waiting for people to turn up for meetings.
How icebreakers can benefit your team:
- Introduce new teammates in a fun and engaging way
- Stimulate creativity and bring an element of fun and interactivity to team meetings
- Encourage people to learn more about one another
- Encourage a relaxed and positive atmosphere
- Improve communication and strengthen relationships
- Reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness
Any group size
Creating an online puzzle is a great way to fill in some time before a meeting begins, or finish a remote training session in a fun way. There are various online puzzle creator websites that are free to use and allow you to create and customise you own word search, crossword, or even jigsaw puzzle to share with your virtual team.
How to play
1. Visit Puzzlefast.com
2. Decide what online puzzle you would like to make and then follow the instructions to make it.
3. Copy the link and paste it into your remote meeting chat for your team to click on and complete.